- On February 26, 2013, the San Diego County Board of Supervisors created a unified district within the boundaries of the Bonsall Union School District, now officially named Bonsall Unified School District.
- The Bonsall Union School District ceased to exist on June 30, 2014.
- Locally elected five-member Board of Trustees
- Superintendent employed by the Board
- 2554 students (September 2017)
- Five school sites: Bonsall High School (9-12), Sullivan Middle School (6-8), Bonsall Elementary (TK-5), Bonsall West Elementary (TK-6), and Vivian Banks Charter School (K-5)
- More than 15% of students are connected to military (based on federal survey cards completed annually)
Demographic, fiscal, and assessment data for Bonsall Unified School District