Bonsall Unified School District

*** Bonsall High School Class of 2024 Commencement | Friday, June 7th | 6PM | Bonsall High School ***
Human Resources » Substitute Teachers

Substitute Teachers

What qualifications do I need to substitute in the District? 

Certificated substitutes need to have passed the CBEST, hold a B.A. or B.S. degree, and hold a 30-day permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.  Classified substitutes need to have earned a high school diploma.  Certain classified substitute positions including Health Clerk, Instructional Assistant III, Job Coach, Child Care Aide, and Paraprofessionals also require CPR/First Aid certification.   

How do I become a substitute? 

Our certificated and classified substitute positions are posted on EdJoin.  In order to apply to become a substitute, an online application must be completed.   All substitute applications are screened monthly by the Human Resources Department.   For more information, please refer to our Substitute Teacher Handbook.

Current substitute teachers, please log in to the Frontline substitute placement and management system to find current opportunities.